Thursday, May 1, 2008

THE CHALLENGE

So, I'm broke. I also want to live a greener lifestyle and make my carbon footprint as small as possible. Using the Oregon Department of Environmental Quality as my guide (see: http://www.deq.state.or.us/programs/sustainability/10ways.htm) I've set out to be a better consumer, and hopefully learn how to manage my money better.

The challenge is this: for the month of May (so actually 31 days) I will publish a daily blog of what I spent my money on and how much money. Simply, I am hoping that making my financial decisions public will make me a more financially conscious consumer. Also during this month I will publish a daily blog of things I did that caused unnecessary pollution (hey - a girl's gotta eat!) or were socially irresponsible decisions. The hope here is that by making my actions public I will be a more environmentally conscious consumer. I also hope to learn more about being green, and will pass along tips to my friends and family.

So, I invite you to track my progress and challenge you to do the same. If we all do a little bit we can help eliminate our dependence on overconsumption of...well...everything!

No comments: