Saturday, May 3, 2008

DAY THREE

I voted today. Oregon (or at least the primary in Oregon) uses a mail-in ballot. Yes, I did vote for Hillary.

The weather was SUPPOSED to be nice today so my roommates and I found a good hike in my guide book (Salmon Creek in the Mt. Hood area if you're interested). However, we didn't bother to pinpoint exact directions so we ended up taking the long way. The long, scenic way through the Columbia River Gorge, then through Hood River and up and around Mt. Hood. It was a pretty impressive view despite the fog. Anyway, after stopping for a quick bite at the Zigzag Inn (along Hwy 26 - I recommend it) we completely missed the trailhead. So, because it was already 5pm and raining we continued on home. It was a nice drive, but we used a half a tank of gas. I'm hoping tomorrow to try the hike again (it's a 6.6 mile hike and supposed to have some sweet old growth forest and salmon in the creek in the fall and spring), but this time taking the direct, less fuel intensive route.

Total spent: $4 (chex mix) and a half a tank of gas.

1 comment:

adg said...

YAY! I'm a sustainable friend!!!