Sunday, May 25, 2008

DAY TWENTY-FIVE

Today was supposed to be a cheap day. I had even intended to only spend $0 today. It rained most of the day, so hiking was out. Instead Adam and I finished watching some DVDs I'd checked out from the library. Despite being a seemingly lazy day, it was an expensive day. Expensive because I paid for some necessary costs: prescription re-fills and a plane ticket to Des Moines. Oh, and various snacks. I spent $16.37 on snacking alone (P.S.: Golden Oreos suck). Food will be an issue of discussion when I have more energy.

The refills were $62 (my new health insurance doesn't kick in until June 1st. I will rant about the U.S. health care system also when I have more energy. Spoiler: I don't like it.) and the plane ticket was $330 (inc. fees). About the plane ticket: my friend Emily is getting married in Iowa in August. Not only am I her personal attendant, but also I am her friend and it will be a Drake Law reunion...so it is worth the expense. I was going to wait for my economic stimulus check to book a flight, but the plane tickets have been fluctuating so drastically lately and with the high price of oil, I decided to buy as soon as they were back down in my range.

Total spent: $408.37. Unnecessary snacks were $16.37 of that. I need to re-evaluate my snack costs. Another post...

No comments: