Monday, May 5, 2008

DAY FIVE

Today was my first day of work. So I actually EARNED money...

I packed a lunch for work, but didn't eat it because my floor had a Cinco de Mayo potluck lunch. So I snacked on some tasty treats instead of my PB&J sandwich. I spent $.50 on coffee (no, the federal government does not provide free coffee) but used my coffee mug so I did not waste a cup. I did use a paper plate and plastic fork at lunch though, but had really no other alternative.

I took the bus to work so the only time I drove my car today was when I drove Adam to the auto repair shop so that he could pick up his car. He's thinking about buying a bike to bike and take the MAX (train) to work and save on fuel. He works in a western suburb and has a crazy schedule so he actually can't take the bus and also it's too far to bike the entire way. He could, however, bike to the MAX station and take the train to work. Sometimes using public transit takes a bit of creativity.

For dinner I ate my PB&J sandwich and bought a box of cereal and a fountain drink (very healthy...I know) from the Plaid Pantry - spending $3.00. I really just wanted a slushie but they didn't have any.

Total spent: $3.50

No comments: