Sunday, May 11, 2008

DAYS 10 & 11: WEEKEND EDITION

Saturday:
I started the day pretty early at Doggie Dash - a 2 mile run/walk fundraiser for the Oregon Humane Society. I'm a volunteer at OHS (I volunteer in the cattery) so I work at the events from time to time. Yesterday I volunteered in the registration tent. I was supposed to be there by 6:30am so I planned to board the 6:09 bus that stops in front of my house. Unfortunately it was a few minutes early and I was running late so I missed it. The next bus wasn't arriving until 6:32 so I had a choice: walk to another bus line, walk downtown, or drive. I refuse to drive downtown and pay to park when I already have a bus pass, and walking the entire trip would take too long, so I decided to walk to a different bus stop on a more frequent line. I hopped on the bus at 6:20 and was only a few minutes late. Using public transit can be a bit inconvenient but you simply have to be resourceful - and also need a general idea of the bus routes.

After Doggie Dash Adam and I spent the day cleaning and I did some laundry ($8). I only washed bedding and towels so I still need to do laundry at some point this week. The house was pretty dirty and we have guests coming this week (ADRIENNE & ANGIE!!). I spent $26.23 on some cleaning supplies and groceries. After cleaning we went to a going-away party for some friends of ours. Good times.

Sunday:
Today Adam and I ordered bread sticks from PIZZA HUT and walked the 1.2 miles to the closest Pizza Hut to pick them up ($8.78). Then I watched "Gone with the Wind." Again.

Total spent (weekend): $43.01

No comments: