Thursday, May 29, 2008

DAY TWENTY NINE

Adrienne and I are like the same person. Looks like we'll both be blogging about food in June. THE MADNESS CONTINUES.

I took Sheba to the Vet this afternoon. This cost $202.80 ($45.00 for the exam, $141.90 for lab tests, $14.95 to draw blood, $0.95 to dispose of bio hazard waste, and $0.00 for tender love and care (although I think that was included in the exam fee)). I used this vet last summer when I lived here, and while it's now a bit out of my way (I had to DRIVE...and to the neighborhood I used to live in...) but I really like the vets there and the staff is really nice. I will know for certain tomorrow when the lab results come back, but my vet is almost certain Sheba is diabetic. This means I will likely have to return tomorrow so that they can teach me how to administer insulin. This is actually good news because he said in a few weeks she should be back to her old self again -- or at least not drinking and urinating all the time.

I ate some pop tarts and drank 3 cups of coffee this morning at work: $2.50.

I checked more into the food coop store here in Portland - People's - and I think I'll check it out this weekend.

Total spent: $205.30

No comments: