Monday, May 12, 2008

DAY TWELVE

Went to work, came home. I actually did drive my car today - not to work though, to the Humane Society. The homeless cats needed me. If you like animals and have 12 hours a month you can spare (and you probably do) you should think about volunteering at your local animal shelter. Or volunteering for some cause that you care about. I was a Big Sister in college and it was a great experience. Part of being a sustainable person is thinking about how you can give back - whether by volunteering a few hours at an event, giving some change to your local homeless, or even just being friendly to people on the bus. The last one is especially hard for me....

Adrienne and Angie arrive on Wednesday and I am beside myself with excitement. I spent $0 today, but I expect that will change later this week...

No comments: